E3Adventures provide a number of courses designed to support the safe delivery of adventure and outdoor learning, key to this is the Royal Life Saving Society ‘National Water Safety Management Programme’ (NWSMP) and the Royal Geographic Society / Institute of British Geography ‘Off Site Safety Management’ (OSSM) course.
We run a number of ‘open’ courses where anyone can book on but specialise in delivering training at your location tailored to the learning needs of your organization and members.
The aims of the NWSMP are to:
- Equip anyone working in, on or near water with essential knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about managing safety
- Enable group leaders to deliver safer activity at open water sites
- Develop personal safety skills for lone workers operating around water
- Facilitate compliance with Statutory and Civil obligations, especially the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 with related regulations and covering Safe Systems of Work
- Develop effective Emergency Response Skills for those working in a water based environment
Supporting Employers – Protecting Employees
RLSS UK has developed the National Water Safety Management Programme to provide a flexible water safety training solution for a wide range of employers who require their workforce to operate safely in or near water.
The NWSMP programme is a key step forward in helping employers meet their civil and statutory water safety management obligations, especially where employees have supervisory responsibilities in or near water. Many people working near the water margins receive minimal or no water safety training due to water safety training often taking a back seat compared to more traditional and recognised health and safety training. Through consultation with industry and lead bodies, RLSS UK have identified this gap in water safety training provision and launched NWSMP to close the gap, improving water safety across a wide range of working environments and operational sectors.
The NWSMP is as relevant to a School Teacher as it is to a member of the Emergency Services, Countryside Ranger, Construction worker or Outdoor Pursuits instructor. The programme has been developed in close consultation with a number of relevant and key lead bodies including:
- Health and Safety Executive
- Expedition Providers’ Association
- Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
- Devon & Cornwall Police
- Institute of Outdoor Learning
- National Open Water Coaching Association
- The Scouts Association
For more information please contact us, you can also download the following doccuments.