National Water Safety Management Programme Feb 20th and 21st 2016
The 2 one day courses cover the Level 1 and Level 2 Modules of the RLSS National Water Safety Management Programme.
Saturday 20th Feb. Level 1 – `Water Safety Awareness’ is ideally suited to those working/supervising near water but with a definite intention not to get in e.g. a school teacher taking a group on field trip. This module focuses on understanding, in practical, real life terms – how people drown and how to prevent it. Course content includes awareness of generic water hazards and selection and use of simple effective control measures including, for example, boundary setting, observation skills and emergency response skills.
Sunday 21st Feb. Level 2 – `Environment Specific’ includes different modules for River, Stillwater, or Beach and which recognises a greater likelihood of getting closer to or` in’ water but with a definite intention to stay within standing depth e.g. construction worker or a Ranger working at the water margins. At this level course delegates look more deeply at hazard identification and risk assessment in specific environments and will complete a range of simulated rescues including shout, signal, reach, throw and wade. Delegates get wet in the chosen environment i.e river, beach or still – but not beyond waist depth.
- Equip anyone working in, on or near water with essential knowledge and skills to make informed decisions about managing safety – for example teachers and expedition leaders
- Enable group leaders to deliver safer activity at open water sites – for example pond dipping
- Develop personal safety skills for lone workers operating around water – for example students conducting water sampling
- Facilitate compliance with Statutory and Civil obligations, especially the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 with related regulations and covering Safe Systems of Work
- Develop effective Emergency Response Skills for those working in a water based environment – for example delivering raft building sessions
To find out prices / availability / more contact bryn@E3Adventures.com or to read how NWSMP is good for Teachers NWSMP Sector Sales Information – Education (Junior and Secondary School) and Expedition Leaders NWSMP Sector Sales Information ñ Expedition Leaders see the attached RLSS flyers.
Read this article from HORIZONS mag to hear what others think about the course. H60 RefreshinApproachOpenWaterSafety